Meaning & Definition of Street in English
1. A thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings
- "They walked the streets of the small town"
- "He lives on nassau street"
2. The part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks
- The part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel
- "Be careful crossing the street"
3. The streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction
- "She tried to keep her children off the street"
4. A situation offering opportunities
- "He worked both sides of the street"
- "Cooperation is a two-way street"
5. People living or working on the same street
- "The whole street protested the absence of street lights"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana