Meaning & Definition of Stratum in English
1. One of several parallel layers of material arranged one on top of another (such as a layer of tissue or cells in an organism or a layer of sedimentary rock)
2. People having the same social, economic, or educational status
- "The working class"
- "An emerging professional class"
- class ,
- stratum ,
- social class ,
- socio-economic class
3. An abstract place usually conceived as having depth
- "A good actor communicates on several levels"
- "A simile has at least two layers of meaning"
- "The mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
- level ,
- layer ,