Meaning & Definition of Strange in English
1. Being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected
- Slightly odd or even a bit weird
- "A strange exaltation that was indefinable"
- "A strange fantastical mind"
- "What a strange sense of humor she has"
- strange ,
2. Not known before
- "Used many strange words"
- "Saw many strange faces in the crowd"
- "Don't let anyone unknown into the house"
- strange ,
3. Relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
- "Foreign nations"
- "A foreign accent"
- "On business in a foreign city"
- foreign ,
Examples of using
There are some very strange things going on here.
Under the Tatoeba guidelines, it is recommended that members only add sentences in their native language and/or translate from a language they can understand into their native language. The reason for this is that it is much easier to form natural-sounding sentences in one's native language. When we write in a language other than our native language, it is very easy to produce sentences that sound strange. Please make sure you only translate the sentence if you are sure you know what it means.
It's strange he loves room temperature beer.