Meaning & Definition of Straightforward in English
1. Free from ambiguity
- "A straightforward set of instructions"
2. Without evasion or compromise
- "A square contradiction"
- "He is not being as straightforward as it appears"
- square(a) ,
- straightforward ,
3. Without concealment or deception
- "Their business was open and aboveboard"
- "Straightforward in all his business affairs"
- aboveboard ,
4. Pointed directly ahead
- "A straightforward gaze"
Examples of using
This is a straightforward case.
My father is a hard-working, straightforward, and modest person.