Meaning & Definition of Stifling in English
1. Forceful prevention
- Putting down by power or authority
- "The suppression of heresy"
- "The quelling of the rebellion"
- "The stifling of all dissent"
- suppression ,
- crushing ,
- quelling ,
1. Characterized by oppressive heat and humidity
- "The summer was sultry and oppressive"
- "The stifling atmosphere"
- "The sulfurous atmosphere preceding a thunderstorm"
- sultry ,
- stifling ,
- sulfurous ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana