Meaning & Definition of Status in English
1. The relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society
- "He had the status of a minor"
- "The novel attained the status of a classic"
- "Atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in american life"
- status ,
2. A state at a particular time
- "A condition (or state) of disrepair"
- "The current status of the arms negotiations"
- condition ,
Examples of using
What is your citizenship status?
Today, more and more people are changing jobs in order to get a better salary and higher social status.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana