Meaning & Definition of Spill in English
1. Liquid that is spilled
- "Clean up the spills"
2. A channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
3. The act of allowing a fluid to escape
4. A sudden drop from an upright position
- "He had a nasty spill on the ice"
1. Cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container
- "Spill the milk"
- "Splatter water"
2. Flow, run or fall out and become lost
- "The milk spilled across the floor"
- "The wine spilled onto the table"
- run out
3. Cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over
- "Spill the beans all over the table"
4. Pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities
- "Shed tears"
- "Spill blood"
- "God shed his grace on thee"
- pour forth
5. Reveal information
- "If you don't oblige me, i'll talk!"
- "The former employee spilled all the details"
6. Reduce the pressure of wind on (a sail)