Meaning & Definition of Spending in English
1. The act of spending or disbursing money
- spending ,
- disbursement ,
- disbursal ,
2. Money paid out
- An amount spent
- outgo ,
- spending ,
- expenditure ,
Examples of using
If you keep spending money like that, you'll be broke before you know it.
After spending four years in jail, he was set free for good behaviour.
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
She'd rather be spending time with someone else.
Is it worth spending time trying to help people who don't want to be helped?
You're spending less and less time with the children.
His father allows him $10 a week as spending money.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana