Meaning & Definition of Sounding in English
1. A measure of the depth of water taken with a sounding line
2. The act of measuring depth of water (usually with a sounding line)
1. Appearing to be as specified
- Usually used as combining forms
- "Left their clothes dirty looking"
- "A most disagreeable looking character"
- "Severe-looking policemen on noble horses"
- "Fine-sounding phrases"
- "Taken in by high-sounding talk"
- looking ,
2. Having volume or deepness
- "Sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal"
- "The sounding cataract haunted me like a passion"- wordsworth
3. Making or having a sound as specified
- Used as a combining form
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana