Meaning & Definition of Sordid in English
1. Morally degraded
- "A seedy district"
- "The seamy side of life"
- "Sleazy characters hanging around casinos"
- "Sleazy storefronts with...dirt on the walls"- seattle weekly
- "The sordid details of his orgies stank under his very nostrils"- james joyce
- "The squalid atmosphere of intrigue and betrayal"
- seamy ,
- seedy ,
- sleazy ,
- sordid ,
2. Unethical or dishonest
- "Dirty police officers"
- "A sordid political campaign"
- dirty ,
3. Foul and run-down and repulsive
- "A flyblown bar on the edge of town"
- "A squalid overcrowded apartment in the poorest part of town"
- "Squalid living conditions"
- "Sordid shantytowns"
- flyblown ,
- squalid ,
4. Meanly avaricious and mercenary
- "Sordid avarice"
- "Sordid material interests"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana