Meaning & Definition of Song in English
1. A short musical composition with words
- "A successful musical must have at least three good songs"
2. A distinctive or characteristic sound
- "The song of bullets was in the air"
- "The song of the wind"
- "The wheels sang their song as the train rocketed ahead"
3. The act of singing
- "With a shout and a song they marched up to the gates"
4. The characteristic sound produced by a bird
- "A bird will not learn its song unless it hears it at an early age"
5. A very small sum
- "He bought it for a song"
6. The imperial dynasty of china from 960 to 1279
- Noted for art and literature and philosophy
- Sung dynasty,
- Song dynasty
Examples of using
I can't believe nobody has put this song up yet on all of YouTube.
The Grand Prix of the first Belarusian song and poetry festival “Maladziechna-100” was won by Alena Saulenajte.
Listening to this song makes me want to dance.