Meaning & Definition of Soapy in English
1. Resembling or having the qualities of soap
- "A soapy consistency"
- saponaceous ,
2. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
- "Buttery praise"
- "Gave him a fulsome introduction"
- "An oily sycophantic press agent"
- "Oleaginous hypocrisy"
- "Smarmy self-importance"
- "The unctuous uriah heep"
- "Soapy compliments"
- buttery ,
- fulsome ,
- oily ,
- oleaginous ,
- smarmy ,
- soapy ,
Examples of using
Don't touch me with your soapy hands.
Wash the shirt in soapy water and the stains will come out.