Meaning & Definition of Smothered in English
1. Held in check with difficulty
- "A smothered cough"
- "A stifled yawn"
- "A strangled scream"
- "Suppressed laughter"
- smothered ,
- stifled ,
- strangled ,
2. Completely covered
- "Bonnets smothered with flowers"
- "Smothered chicken is chicken cooked in a seasoned gravy"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana