Meaning & Definition of Smoking in English
1. The act of smoking tobacco or other substances
- "He went outside for a smoke"
- "Smoking stinks"
- smoke ,
2. A hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion
- "The fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
- smoke ,
1. Emitting smoke in great volume
- "A smoking fireplace"
Examples of using
Do you really care why I quit smoking?
I'm going to try to quit smoking.
You ought to give up smoking; it's bad for the health.
They've stopped smoking.
He stopped smoking and started running.
Since having given up smoking, I feel much better.
I have been smoking since I was nineteen.
No smoking is allowed in this train station.
I quit smoking and drinking.
I quit smoking six months ago.
The student was punished for smoking.
I stopped smoking completely 3 months ago.
You need to stop smoking.
I have quit smoking and drinking.
I wish she would stop smoking.
There is no smoking here.
She was advised by him to stop smoking.
She is always smoking.
Some people gain weight when they quit smoking.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana