Meaning & Definition of Smiling in English
1. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth
- Usually shows pleasure or amusement
- smile ,
- smiling ,
- grin ,
1. Smiling with happiness or optimism
- "Come to my arms, my beamish boy!"- lewis carroll
- "A room of smiling faces"
- "A round red twinkly santa claus"
- beamish ,
- smiling(a) ,
Examples of using
She's always happy and smiling.
Why are you smiling?
Tom couldn't help smiling.
People communicate approval by nodding, by clapping their hands, by smiling or laughing.
"Hello," said Tom, smiling.
Every time I see him, he is smiling.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana