Meaning & Definition of Sinister in English
1. Threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments
- "A baleful look"
- "Forbidding thunderclouds"
- "His tone became menacing"
- "Ominous rumblings of discontent"
- "Sinister storm clouds"
- "A sinister smile"
- "His threatening behavior"
- "Ugly black clouds"
- "The situation became ugly"
- baleful ,
- forbidding ,
- menacing ,
- minacious ,
- minatory ,
- ominous ,
- sinister ,
2. Stemming from evil characteristics or forces
- Wicked or dishonorable
- "Black deeds"
- "A black lie"
- "His black heart has concocted yet another black deed"
- "Darth vader of the dark side"
- "A dark purpose"
- "Dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility"
- "The scheme of some sinister intelligence bent on punishing him"-thomas hardy
- black ,
- dark ,
3. On or starting from the wearer's left
- "Bar sinister"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana