Meaning & Definition of Sing in English
1. Deliver by singing
- "Sing christmas carols"
2. Produce tones with the voice
- "She was singing while she was cooking"
- "My brother sings very well"
3. To make melodious sounds
- "The nightingale was singing"
4. Make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound
- "The kettle was singing"
- "The bullet sang past his ear"
- whistle ,
5. Divulge confidential information or secrets
- "Be careful--his secretary talks"
- spill the beans ,
- let the cat out of the bag ,
- talk ,
- tattle ,
- blab ,
- peach ,
- babble ,
- sing ,
- babble out ,
- blab out
Examples of using
I don't know the introduction, but I can sing the refrain.
Tom was a little surprised by how well Mary could sing.
Tom loved to sing, but nobody wanted to listen to his singing.