Meaning & Definition of Similar in English
1. Marked by correspondence or resemblance
- "Similar food at similar prices"
- "Problems similar to mine"
- "They wore similar coats"
2. Having the same or similar characteristics
- "All politicians are alike"
- "They looked utterly alike"
- "Friends are generally alike in background and taste"
- alike(p) ,
- similar ,
3. Resembling or similar
- Having the same or some of the same characteristics
- Often used in combination
- "Suits of like design"
- "A limited circle of like minds"
- "Members of the cat family have like dispositions"
- "As like as two peas in a pod"
- "Doglike devotion"
- "A dreamlike quality"
- like ,
4. (of words) expressing closely related meanings
5. Capable of replacing or changing places with something else
- Permitting mutual substitution without loss of function or suitability
- "Interchangeable electric outlets" "interchangeable parts"
- exchangeable ,
- interchangeable ,
- similar ,
- standardized ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana