Meaning & Definition of Shove in English
1. The act of shoving (giving a push to someone or something)
- "He gave the door a shove"
1. Come into rough contact with while moving
- "The passengers jostled each other in the overcrowded train"
- jostle ,
2. Push roughly
- "The people pushed and shoved to get in line"
3. Press or force
- "Stuff money into an envelope"
- "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- thrust ,
- stuff ,
- shove ,
Examples of using
Tom gave Mary a shove.
The granny gave me a shove and dashed to the door.
She laughed and gave me a playful shove.