Meaning & Definition of Shortage in English
1. The property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required
- "New blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit"
- deficit ,
- shortage ,
2. An acute insufficiency
- dearth ,
- famine ,
Examples of using
There's a water shortage in this area.
The shortage of engineers is the greatest bottleneck to the development of our company.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana