Meaning & Definition of Shallow in English
1. A stretch of shallow water
- shoal ,
1. Make shallow
- "The silt shallowed the canal"
- shallow ,
2. Become shallow
- "The lake shallowed over time"
- shallow ,
1. Lacking physical depth
- Having little spatial extension downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or outward from a center
- "Shallow water"
- "A shallow dish"
- "A shallow cut"
- "A shallow closet"
- "Established a shallow beachhead"
- "Hit the ball to shallow left field"
2. Not deep or strong
- Not affecting one deeply
- "Shallow breathing"
- "A night of shallow fretful sleep"
- "In a shallow trance"
3. Lacking depth of intellect or knowledge
- Concerned only with what is obvious
- "Shallow people"
- "His arguments seemed shallow and tedious"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana