Meaning & Definition of Setting in English
1. The context and environment in which something is set
- "The perfect setting for a ghost story"
- setting ,
2. The state of the environment in which a situation exists
- "You can't do that in a university setting"
- setting ,
- background ,
3. Arrangement of scenery and properties to represent the place where a play or movie is enacted
- mise en scene ,
- stage setting ,
4. The set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event
- "The historical context"
- context ,
- circumstance ,
5. The physical position of something
- "He changed the setting on the thermostat"
6. A table service for one person
- "A place setting of sterling flatware"
- place setting ,
7. A mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place
- "The diamond was in a plain gold mount"
- mount ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana