Meaning & Definition of Senior in English
1. An undergraduate student during the year preceding graduation
2. A person who is older than you are
- elder ,
- Higher in rank
- Longer in length of tenure or service
- "Senior officer"
2. Used of the fourth and final year in united states high school or college
- "The senior prom"
- senior(a) ,
3. Advanced in years
- (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables)
- "Aged members of the society"
- "Elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper"
- "Senior citizen"
- aged ,
- elderly ,
- older ,
Examples of using
It's popular among senior citizens.
He's my senior by two years.
He is three years my senior.