Meaning & Definition of Seek in English
1. The movement of a read/write head to a specific data track on a disk
1. Try to get or reach
- "Seek a position"
- "Seek an education"
- "Seek happiness"
2. Try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
- "The police are searching for clues"
- "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county"
- search ,
- seek ,
- look for
3. Make an effort or attempt
- "He tried to shake off his fears"
- "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"
- "The police attempted to stop the thief"
- "He sought to improve himself"
- "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- try ,
- seek ,
- attempt ,
- essay ,
4. Go to or towards
- "A liquid seeks its own level"
5. Inquire for
- "Seek directions from a local"
Examples of using
Some people, looking at the bright Sun, seek for stains only.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you; for every one who is asking doth receive, and he who is seeking doth find, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened.