Meaning & Definition of Secretly in English
1. In secrecy
- Not openly
- "Met secretly to discuss the invasion plans"
- "The children secretly went to the movies when they were supposed to be at the library"
- "They arranged to meet in secret"
- secretly ,
- in secret ,
- on the Q.T. ,
- on the QT
2. Not openly
- "They were secretly delighted at his embarrassment"
- "Hoped secretly she would change her mind"
Examples of using
Mary discovered that Tom was secretly a talented singer.
Maria didn’t suspect that "Tom", her pen-friend, with whom she had been corresponding for months over the Internet and whom she secretly loved, without ever having met him, was actually a super-intelligent squirrel.
He secretly showed me her photograph.