Meaning & Definition of Scrap in English
1. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole
- "A bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- bit ,
- chip ,
- flake ,
- fleck ,
2. Worthless material that is to be disposed of
- rubbish ,
- trash ,
3. A small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used
- "She jotted it on a scrap of paper"
- "There was not a scrap left"
4. The act of fighting
- Any contest or struggle
- "A fight broke out at the hockey game"
- "There was fighting in the streets"
- "The unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
- fight ,
- fighting ,
- combat ,
1. Dispose of (something useless or old)
- "Trash these old chairs"
- "Junk an old car"
- "Scrap your old computer"
- trash ,
- junk ,
2. Have a disagreement over something
- "We quarreled over the question as to who discovered america"
- "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
- quarrel ,
- dispute ,
- scrap ,
- argufy ,
3. Make into scrap or refuse
- "Scrap the old airplane and sell the parts"