Meaning & Definition of Scope in English
1. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
- "A piano has a greater range than the human voice"
- "The ambit of municipal legislation"
- "Within the compass of this article"
- "Within the scope of an investigation"
- "Outside the reach of the law"
- "In the political orbit of a world power"
- scope ,
- range ,
- reach ,
- orbit ,
- compass ,
2. The state of the environment in which a situation exists
- "You can't do that in a university setting"
- setting ,
- background ,
3. A magnifier of images of distant objects
- telescope ,
4. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- oscilloscope ,
- scope ,
- cathode-ray oscilloscope ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana