Meaning & Definition of Saving in English
1. An act of economizing
- Reduction in cost
- "It was a small economy to walk to work every day"
- "There was a saving of 50 cents"
- economy ,
2. Recovery or preservation from loss or danger
- "Work is the deliverance of mankind"
- "A surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
- rescue ,
- deliverance ,
- delivery ,
3. The activity of protecting something from loss or danger
- preservation ,
1. Bringing about salvation or redemption from sin
- "Saving faith"
- "Redemptive (or redeeming) love"
- redemptive ,
- redeeming(a) ,
2. Characterized by thriftiness
- "Wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution"- ellen glasgow
Examples of using
Thanks for saving me.
You're only saving face!
If you want a new bike, you'd better start saving up.