Meaning & Definition of Satisfaction in English
1. The contentment one feels when one has fulfilled a desire, need, or expectation
- "The chef tasted the sauce with great satisfaction"
2. State of being gratified or satisfied
- "Dull repetitious work gives no gratification"
- "To my immense gratification he arrived on time"
3. Compensation for a wrong
- "We were unable to get satisfaction from the local store"
4. (law) the payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation
- "The full and final satisfaction of the claim"
5. Act of fulfilling a desire or need or appetite
- "The satisfaction of their demand for better services"