Meaning & Definition of Rugged in English
1. Sturdy and strong in constitution or construction
- "With a house full of boys you have to have rugged furniture"
2. Having long narrow shallow depressions (as grooves or wrinkles) in the surface
- "Furrowed fields"
- "His furrowed face lit by a warming smile"
- furrowed ,
3. Topographically very uneven
- "Broken terrain"
- "Rugged ground"
- broken ,
4. Very difficult
- Severely testing stamina or resolution
- "A rugged competitive examination"
- "The rugged conditions of frontier life"
- "The competition was tough"
- "It's a tough life"
- "It was a tough job"
- rugged ,