Meaning & Definition of Route in English
1. An established line of travel or access
- path ,
- route ,
2. An open way (generally public) for travel or transportation
- road ,
1. Send documents or materials to appropriate destinations
2. Send via a specific route
3. Divert in a specified direction
- "Divert the low voltage to the engine cylinders"
Examples of using
It's the shortest route to Paris.
Here I decide, without hesitating, to take the alternative route.
He was accustomed to flying alone, and he had flown this route in his imagination many times.