Meaning & Definition of Rotate in English
1. Turn on or around an axis or a center
- "The earth revolves around the sun"
- "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- revolve ,
- go around ,
2. Exchange on a regular basis
- "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
3. Perform a job or duty on a rotating basis
- "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
4. Cause to turn on an axis or center
- "Rotate the handle"
- rotate ,
5. Turn outward
- "These birds can splay out their toes"
- "Ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- turn out ,
- splay ,
- spread out ,
6. Plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession
- "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana