Meaning & Definition of Rigid in English
1. Incapable of or resistant to bending
- "A rigid strip of metal"
- "A table made of rigid plastic"
- "A palace guardsman stiff as a poker"
- "Stiff hair"
- "A stiff neck"
2. Incapable of compromise or flexibility
3. Incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances
- "A rigid disciplinarian"
- "An inflexible law"
- "An unbending will to dominate"
4. Designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure
5. Fixed and unmoving
- "With eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"
- "His bearded face already has a set hollow look"- connor cruise o'brien
- "A face rigid with pain"