Meaning & Definition of Revolt in English
1. Organized opposition to authority
- A conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
1. Make revolution
- "The people revolted when bread prices tripled again"
2. Fill with distaste
- "This spoilt food disgusts me"
- gross out,
3. Cause aversion in
- Offend the moral sense of
- "The pornographic pictures sickened us"
- churn up
Examples of using
The revolt was put down with little trouble.
People rose in revolt against the King.
A revolt broke out.