Meaning & Definition of Responsible in English
1. Worthy of or requiring responsibility or trust
- Or held accountable
- "A responsible adult"
- "Responsible journalism"
- "A responsible position"
- "The captain is responsible for the ship's safety"
- "The cabinet is responsible to the parliament"
2. Being the agent or cause
- "Determined who was the responsible party"
- "Termites were responsible for the damage"
- responsible ,
- responsible for(p)
3. Having an acceptable credit rating
- "A responsible borrower"
- creditworthy ,
Examples of using
I consider Tom a thoroughly responsible individual.
Tom's strategy was responsible for the victory.
You're responsible for books you take out of the library.