Meaning & Definition of Research in English
1. Systematic investigation to establish facts
2. A search for knowledge
- "Their pottery deserves more research than it has received"
- inquiry ,
- enquiry ,
1. Attempt to find out in a systematically and scientific manner
- "The student researched the history of that word"
2. Inquire into
- "The students had to research the history of the second world war for their history project"
- "He searched for information on his relatives on the web"
- "Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness"
- research ,
- search ,
Examples of using
How much time did you spend doing research before you started writing?
I use the Internet as a resource for my research.
What kind of research does the organization do?
With all the teaching and research, I have no time for myself.
The Japanese fishing fleet catches more than 1000 whales per year on the pretext of scientific research.
My father's death from cancer challenged me to take up research on it.
He was engaged in biological research.
The methodology used in his study is also helpful to us in conducting our research.
This book is a result of his enthusiastic research.
The scientist insisted on proceeding with the research.
Scientific research is not a mechanical routine, but a continuing struggle on the part of the scientist.
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana