Meaning & Definition of Render in English
1. A substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
1. Cause to become
- "The shot rendered her immobile"
2. Give something useful or necessary to
- "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
3. Give an interpretation or rendition of
- "The pianist rendered the beethoven sonata beautifully"
4. Give or supply
- "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"
- "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"
- "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
5. Pass down
- "Render a verdict"
- "Deliver a judgment"
6. Make over as a return
- "They had to render the estate"
7. Give back
- "Render money"
8. To surrender someone or something to another
- "The guard delivered the criminal to the police"
- "Render up the prisoners"
- "Render the town to the enemy"
- "Fork over the money"
- hand over,
- fork over,
- fork out,
- fork up,
- turn in,
9. Show in, or as in, a picture
- "This scene depicts country life"
- "The face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
10. Coat with plastic or cement
- "Render the brick walls in the den"
- "Give homage"
- "Render thanks"
12. Restate (words) from one language into another language
- "I have to translate when my in-laws from austria visit the u.s."
- "Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"
- "She rendered the french poem into english"
- "He translates for the u.n."
13. Melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities
- "Try the yak butter"
- "Render fat in a casserole"