Meaning & Definition of Remains in English
1. Any object that is left unused or still extant
- "I threw out the remains of my dinner"
2. The dead body of a human being
- "The cadaver was intended for dissection"
- "The end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse"
- "The murderer confessed that he threw the stiff in the river"
- "Honor comes to bless the turf that wraps their clay"
- cadaver ,
- corpse ,
- stiff ,
- clay ,
Examples of using
Nothing else remains to be done.
That remains to be seen.
The problem of roads repairing remains topical.