Meaning & Definition of Religious in English
1. A member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
1. Concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church
- "Religious texts"
- "A member of a religious order"
- "Lords temporal and spiritual"
- "Spiritual leaders"
- "Spiritual songs"
- religious ,
2. Having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity
- "A religious man"
- "Religious attitude"
3. Of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows
- "The religious or regular clergy conducts the service"
4. Extremely scrupulous and conscientious
- "Religious in observing the rules of health"