Meaning & Definition of Relieved in English
1. (of pain or sorrow) made easier to bear
- alleviated ,
- eased ,
2. Extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary
- "The jutting limb of a tree"
- "Massive projected buttresses"
- "His protruding ribs"
- "A pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck"
- jutting ,
- projected ,
- projecting ,
- protruding ,
- relieved ,
- sticking(p) ,
- sticking out(p)
Examples of using
Tom's letter relieved me of a lot of worry.
I felt very relieved when I heard the news.
I paid back the debt, and I feel relieved.