Meaning & Definition of Related in English
1. Being connected either logically or causally or by shared characteristics
- "Painting and the related arts"
- "School-related activities"
- "Related to micelle formation is the...ability of detergent actives to congregate at oil-water interfaces"
- related ,
- related to
2. Connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage
Examples of using
I didn't know you were related.
I'm not related to Tom.
The infrastructure of an application is directly related to its overall performance.