Meaning & Definition of Reality in English
1. All of your experiences that determine how things appear to you
- "His world was shattered"
- "We live in different worlds"
- "For them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
- world ,
2. The state of being actual or real
- "The reality of his situation slowly dawned on him"
- reality ,
- realness ,
3. The state of the world as it really is rather than as you might want it to be
- "Businessmen have to face harsh realities"
4. The quality possessed by something that is real
Examples of using
Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures.
Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.
You should face the reality.
We are trapped in an alternative reality.
Books are my alternate reality.
As Great Britain becomes aware of the reality of Latin America, we will be closer to a solution.
Meet the twisted reality!
Cameras don't tend to capture reality.
Let's face reality.
She looks young, but in reality she's over 40.
People that have experienced so-called 'lucid dreams' often describe them as being 'more real than reality'. They also describe reality after waking up from a 'lucid dream' to be like a 'whimsical dream'.
When he claims to desire eternal life, in reality man merely wishes to avoid a premature, violent or gruesome death.
With 19 cases of death forming over 20% of the whole, the grave reality of overwork-deaths has been thrown into relief.
He is wealthy in appearance but not in reality.
All you're doing is trying to escape reality.
John is brave in appearance, but is in reality a coward.
Everyone was very surprised to discover that the slave girl was in reality a princess.
The dream has become a reality.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana