Meaning & Definition of Rational in English
1. An integer or a fraction
- rational number ,
1. Consistent with or based on or using reason
- "Rational behavior"
- "A process of rational inference"
- "Rational thought"
2. Of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind
- "Intellectual problems"
- "The triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
- intellectual ,
- rational ,
3. Capable of being expressed as a quotient of integers
- "Rational numbers"
4. Having its source in or being guided by the intellect (as distinguished from experience or emotion)
- "A rational analysis"