Meaning & Definition of Rainy in English
1. (of weather) wet by periods of rain
- "Showery weather"
- "Rainy days"
- showery ,
Examples of using
The weather is rainy.
Tom doesn't like the rainy season.
She misses him, especially on rainy days.
Since it's not the rainy season, there's no need for an umbrella.
Don't expect me in case it should be rainy.
The rainy season sets in about the end of June.
It is our rainy season.
It's rainy today.
We have many rainy days in June.
I wouldn't dream of going on a picnic on such a rainy day.
Keep something for a rainy day.
You should lay by something against a rainy day.
He insured himself for a rainy day.
If it is rainy tomorrow, the game will be put off.
I am afraid it will be rainy.
Do you go to school by bus on a rainy day?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana