Meaning & Definition of Quotation in English
1. A short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- "The student's essay failed to list several important citations"
- "The acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
- "The article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- citation ,
- cite ,
- acknowledgment ,
- credit ,
- reference ,
- mention ,
2. A passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- quotation ,
- quote ,
3. A statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
4. The practice of quoting from books or plays etc.
- "Since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation"
Examples of using
"Love your neighbour as yourself" is a quotation from the Bible.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana