Meaning & Definition of Quench in English
1. Satisfy (thirst)
- "The cold water quenched his thirst"
- quench ,
- slake ,
- allay ,
2. Put out, as of fires, flames, or lights
- "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained"
- "Quench the flames"
- "Snuff out the candles"
- snuff out ,
- blow out ,
- extinguish ,
3. Electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
4. Suppress or crush completely
- "Squelch any sign of dissent"
- "Quench a rebellion"
- squelch ,
- quell ,
5. Reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
6. Cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
- "Quench steel"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana