Meaning & Definition of Purse in English
1. A container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women)
- "She reached into her bag and found a comb"
- bag ,
- handbag ,
- pocketbook ,
2. A sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse
- "He made the contribution out of his own purse"
- "He and his wife shared a common purse"
3. A small bag for carrying money
4. A sum of money offered as a prize
- "The purse barely covered the winner's expenses"
1. Contract one's lips into a rounded shape
2. Gather or contract into wrinkles or folds
- "Purse ones's lips"
- purse ,