Meaning & Definition of Purchase in English
1. The acquisition of something for payment
- "They closed the purchase with a handshake"
2. Something acquired by purchase
3. A means of exerting influence or gaining advantage
- "He could get no purchase on the situation"
4. The mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- leverage ,
1. Obtain by purchase
- Acquire by means of a financial transaction
- "The family purchased a new car"
- "The conglomerate acquired a new company"
- "She buys for the big department store"
- buy ,
Examples of using
"Here is the map! ...It's fucking useless!" "Then why did you purchase a faulty piece of shit in the first place?" "It was on sale at the Island of Lower Prices."
You can purchase this medicine without a prescription.
That purchase was a good bargain.