Meaning & Definition of Proper in English
1. Marked by suitability or rightness or appropriateness
- "Proper medical treatment"
- "Proper manners"
2. Having all the qualities typical of the thing specified
- "Wanted a proper dinner
- Not just a snack"
- "He finally has a proper job"
3. Limited to the thing specified
- "The city proper"
- "His claim is connected with the deed proper"
4. Appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a person's character, needs
- "Everything in its proper place"
- "The right man for the job"
- "She is not suitable for the position"
- proper ,
Examples of using
Words must be arranged in the proper sequence and the rules of grammar must be followed for a sentence to be accepted as a natural-sounding sentence.
Tom didn't follow the proper procedure.
It's just proper they tell me everything.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana