Meaning & Definition of Prominent in English
1. Having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
- "An outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"
- "A new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"
- "Salient traits"
- "A spectacular rise in prices"
- "A striking thing about picadilly circus is the statue of eros in the center"
- "A striking resemblance between parent and child"
2. Conspicuous in position or importance
- "A big figure in the movement"
- "Big man on campus"
- "He's very large in financial circles"
- "A prominent citizen"